Surgical Services for the Heart, Lungs and Chest
We choose to practice at Kaweah Delta because of the quality of staff, technology and commitment to an improved quality of life for our heart patients. Each surgery requires a team of 12 people, and the staff is experienced and very knowledgeable. Together, we provide heart patients with an unparalleled level of care.
Surgical Services Offered
- Minimally invasive aortic valve replacement
- Minimally invasive mitral valve repair
- Aortic aneurysm repair
- Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Surgery
- Heart Defect Repair
- Maze Procedure (ablation for atrial fibrillation)
- Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid and Pulmonary)
- Video-Assisted Thorascopic Surgery (VATS)
- Lung Removal/ Lobectomy (partial or complete)
- Tracheal Surgery
Proud to be ‘High Performing’
U.S. News and World Report each year analyzes over 5,000 hospitals across the U.S., examining adult, pediatric and specialty care. The analysis looks at critical criteria and patient outcomes to find the best in the nation.
The 2014 scorecard ranks Kaweah Delta Medical Center’s heart bypass surgery program as High Performing, which means the program exceeded expected standards of care in several key categories, including survival, readmission after 30 days and hospital-acquired infection rates. Just 14 percent of the hospitals nationwide that provide this specialty surgery earned this ranking. This ranking directly reflects the work of the surgeons of Golden State Cardiac & Thoracic Surgery.
We are proud to have delivered such quality care and proud to partner with Kaweah Delta Health Care District.